Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Forgotten TV: First Episodes: 30 ROCK


(Not from first episode)

I never watched 30 ROCK much when it was on. At the time, I didn't like most of the cast for one reason or the other: bully, can't understand him, disliked  her in Ally McBeal. Really I was wrong about most of it. So I just watched the first episode. I don't know if it was considered a pilot or not.
Anyway, I was mostly admiring of how well Tina Fey and her writing partner wove the characters in and how likable Tina was in her role. (Megan met her at a party and said she was just as nice and down to earth in real life). I will never be fond of Tracy Morgan but I thought he was reasonably good in the part. And Baldwin was terrific from his first line. Although it is hard to see him as anyone other than Trump now. Although that fit too. I think I will watch more 30 ROCKS.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought this show was really well-written.

Jeff Meyerson said...

We only watched it occasionally - maybe it was opposite something else, or maybe we've just gotten out of the sitcom habit - but when we did I always liked it.

pattinase (abbott) said...

So neat that now you can watch shows you never watched at their airing. And watch them quickly if you wish to. The writing really stands out.

Charles Gramlich said...

I've never watched it regularly but I have sen an enjoyed the occasional episode

Elgin Bleecker said...

Patti – At Christmas, my daughter got the first season on DVD, and sat me down to watch it. It really is a good show.

George said...

Tina Fey was the key figure in 30 ROCK. Alec Baldwin gives a lot of credit to her.

Steve Oerkfitz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pattinase (abbott) said...

Yes, I am enjoying it too, Elgin. Don't know why I didn't watch it before.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Loved this show from the get-go, must admit. Got them all on DVD, I think ...

Bill O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.