Monday, September 22, 2008

FALL FLASH FICTION CHALLENGE

What I need to do to take me away from so much stressful news is to write something short and sassy. Will you join me? It's been six months.

Aldo Calgagno, Gerald So and I are ready to challenge flash fiction writers once again. I hope you're in the mood.

Since women have become a bit of a political football of late, I have a choice of two lines to use in a 750 or so word story. Both lines come from an obscure and strange Kay Francis movie from 1932 called
Cynara
.

"I have been faithful to you, Cynara, in my fashion."

Or
"Call no woman respectable till she's dead."

Change the name to whatever suits you if you choose line 1, although it's hard to beat Cynara for mystique.

We're thinking of an end date of October 20th. Aldo will post stories for those without sites on
Powder Burn Flash . And Gerald So and I will post the links for those who do have blogs. Hope to hear from you.

4 comments:

John McFetridge said...

Cool. This seems made for Clair Dickson. I'm looking forward to it already...

David Cranmer said...

That second sentence sounds tailor made for the world of pulp. I am up for the challenge.

Cormac Brown said...

Done and I'm glad that I had a story already half-done that meshed with the starter sentence, or my mind would've been stuck on Harry Belafonte's song, "Sonora."

pattinase (abbott) said...

I need to get going obviously.