Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Big Bang Theory

I am going to go way out on a limb here, risking your disdain, and say I think this is one of the funniest TV shows I've seen in a long time. It's opposite Chuck, which I DVR, and K-ville so it has some tough competition.
Big Bang Theory is filmed in the most conventional way, but the writing is not conventional and the acting is great too. It follows the current trend by being about geeks but it actually writes the lines geeks would say and gives them a personality beyond that. The four guys are physicists, Superman fans, neat freaks, etc. and their interaction with the girl next door are truly funny. (Last night they broke into her apartment and organized it for her.)
Speaking of DVRing, it doesn't pay to watch any hour show now. The commercials take up twenty minutes of each sixty and come close to destroying some narratives. Rescue Me, having a bad season this summer, was made worse by these constant interruptions. The better the show, the more intrusive the commercials.
So go to CBS and watch Big Bang Theory online. I bet you laugh too.

4 comments:

Daniel Hatadi said...

Based on your recommendation, I'll definitely look into this. Sounds like me. I mean, my cup of tea.

Ahem.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Has it already shown up there?

Daniel Hatadi said...

No, I don't wait until shows turn up down under. ;)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Oh to have your abilities. I can barely figure out how to add links. Use it for the good of humanity--at least most of the time.