Saturday, March 10, 2007

I've Been Used

Last week, an entry on here that mentioned "friends" drew three comments from people obviously trying to sell me something (greeting cards, I think). There must be a program that picks up mentions of "Friends" automatically. Has this happened to you?

Using the Internet for various good and bad purposes is only natural, I suppose. God knows, I get emails from perhaps two or three dozen politicos each week from Union for Concerned Scientists to my local congressman, to Hilary and Bill, and so on. I sign a lot of petitions and have perhaps become careless in what I sign. Do you share this problem too? I know I signed a bunch of petitions to register my ire at a possible pardon for Libby this week. I'm sure my name is on an enemies list somewhere but so is yours probably. Does any of this do any good? Wasn't marching in the street more effective? How do we affect change in the era of the Internet? Is the Internet at all effective in this?

1 comment:

Maria said...

How was the movie?