Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Novel

I have definitely left the short story range with the novel finally, having forty pages. (Or do I need to think in Ks instead of pages). It's not exactly the story it started out to be, somewhere the story of Detroit is pushing out some earlier ideas but it's as dark as I hoped. In trying to get rid of the hint of a short story though, I am still finding myself writing little epiphanies every so often. Now I have to get rid of them. I think they are functioning as little wrapups to chapters. Just cut the last line of each chapter and it will go away perhaps.

Megan arrives today for a three-event deal in the Detroit area. What are you supposed to serve people after a book signing? Last time, we didn't know any better and just had wine and cheese. This time I've been buying food and drink all week and am still wake at two wondering if I have enough. Maybe those little fingers sandwiches will assure enough food. I know nobody ever eats the veggie tray.

5 comments:

Christa M. Miller said...

I swear by shrimp rings. Not that I can afford them. ;)

Anonymous said...

If it's fried or dipped in barbeque sauce its perfect for me.

Maria said...

I love veggie trays. Maybe go to Gordon Food Services and pick up some of those puff pastries appetizers? But I really think wine and cheese is enough.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'll try to make a pit stop at KFC for Bryon. Last time I threw an entire veggie tray out. The problem is this is across age line and gender lines.
I'm glad Aunt Agatha's and the Romeo Library are handling the other two.

Maria said...

Please don't stress out too much, everybody's going to have a great time. I'm off tomorrow if you need any last minute help fetching or carrying or whatever.