Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Neglected Movies: ANGELS' SHARE


I don't know how this 2012 Ken Loach film got by me, but I bet it got by you too. It is now streaming on Netflix though and it is terrific.. It won the Jury Prize at Cannes in fact,

A new father, with a feud wreaking havoc in his life, is assigned to a community service work detail where he meets a kind boss and some good friends. Finding a new talent, he is able to parlay that into a safe life for himself and his wife and son. It's a clever, charming little movie, set in Glasgow and Edinburgh. You will need the subtitles to get past the accent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! This is a film I hadn't seen before. Thanks for the reminder that it's out there.

Anonymous said...

Must admit I've never heard of it but it sounds good.


Jeff M.

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

I admire Loach greatly but I rarely look forward to his films just because I do have to be in the right frame of mind, meaning I suppose that I am not often persuaded by his point of view, even when i basically share it, just becasue it can seem a bit strident, a bit too partisan. But he fights the good fight and the world is a much better place with him in it! and besides, KES is one of my all time favourite films.