Monday, September 20, 2010

FALL FOR THE BOOK


For anyone in the northern Virginia area, Megan and many other writers will be appearing at their huge bookfest, FALL FOR THE BOOK. You can see the entire schedule here.




Fall for the Book
Toasting Bold Women of Mystery:
Megan Abbott and Ellen Crosby
Date:
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Time: 7PM
Location: 111 Church Street Wine Cellars
Vienna, Virginia

Book Talk
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010
Time: 3PM
Location: George Mason University, Research I, Room 163

Megan Abbott discusses the latest of her four noir thrillers, Bury Me Deep,
based on the notorious 1930s “Trunk Murderess” scandal and nominated for
the Edgar, Anthony, Macavity, and Hammett Awards, the Hammett Prize, and
the Los Angeles Times Book Prize.

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

The last mother of my soul, so far...GMU, that is, the questor after my alum riches. ("In my day, we didn't refer to buildings as Research 1!"--and my womanfriend lived in a campus trailer for two academic years...the first year with a pretty remarkable set of women...the second set not quite as remarkable)

Will be missing it all, but wouldn't mind not missing it if I could.

pattinase (abbott) said...

My brother got his law degree there.

Todd Mason said...

I considered that...but the law school at that time was obsessed with right-wing economic law. It was possible to not emphasize that as a law student there, but that was the school for such. Sadly, the Antioch School of Law was gone by the time I was ready, having become the U of DC SOL and then lost accreditation. I did briefly enter the Conflict Management program at GMU after the BA.