Friday, August 06, 2010

The Summing Up, Friday, August 6, 2010

Please forgive mistakes today. My eyes are blurry from allergies. Check out my review of Cyrus on Crimespree Cinema.

Also, apparently my dates have differed from week to week on what week we are writing about books we read in college. August 20th for that topic. Thanks and sorry. I am still going to blame my eyes.

The Summing Up, Friday, August 6, 2010

Joe Barone, The Immaculate Deception, Iain Pears
Paul Bishop, Yellowthread Street, William Marshall
David Cranmer, past review links
Bill Crider, One for Hell, Jada Davis
Scott Cupp, Vermillions Sands, J.G. Ballard
Martin Edwards, Green Grow the Tresses-O, Stanley Hyland
Jose Ignacio Escribano, 120 Rue de la Gare, Leo Malet
Ed Gorman, Death of a Citizen, Donald Hamilton
Glenn Harper, Cat Catcher, Caroline Shaw
Randy Johnson, The Eyes of Buddha, John Ball
Liam Jose, Crooked Little Vein, Warren Ellis
George Kelley, The Best of Kim Stanley Robinson
Rob Kitchin, Client, Parnell Hall
B.V. Lawson, Rising of the Moon, Gladys Mitchell
Evan Lewis, A Study in Terror, Ellery Queen
Steve Lewis/Dan Stumpf, They Don't Dance Much, James Ross
Todd Mason, Hotwire#2, edited by Glenn Head
Terrie Moran, Legacy, James A. Michener
Jeff Meyerson, Something from the Nightside, Simon R. Green
James Reasoner, Ringmaster of Doom, Brant House (Paul Chadwick)
Kerrie Smith, Supernatural Sleuths, edited by Peter Haining
Kevin Tipple, Homicide, My Own, Anne Argula

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Well, Glenn Head. Does seem a rather, um, on the nose name for a comix editor.

Richard R. said...

I'll be from the internet August 18-23, so the college edition of FFB will have to march on without me.

That's okay, the only thing I've been able to think of so far is Tom Wolfe's The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby

though I really liked The Brothers Karamzov and a lot of the other things I read in all those English Lit classes, and there must have been many, many books I loved that I'll only think of later on.