Thursday, January 17, 2008

The hottest love has the coldest end

I am sick, sick, sick of revisions. I now have two versions of the same novel that differ substantially. One's a lot more literary than the other. What to do? What to do? Write something else while I think.

Will you write along with me? Could we have a Valentine's Day round robin. No one has done this for a year or so. I think it's too much to ask for love stories from you guys, but how about love/crime flash fiction stories. Under 750 words. Is anyone interested? I'd guess we'd need at least 8 or more for it to seem like anything other than a lame-brained scheme. If eight or more people send me a story or tell me they will send one by February 12th, we can do it on the 14th. Link them up and celebrate the day as only we can. What do you think?

P.S. If anyone (and this means you Bryon Q.)has a love story without any crime in it, that's good too. Come on. I bet you all have one or two on your hard drive. That night you poured your heart out. The night you forgot to knock someone off. The night you just didn't have it in you.

This is a one-time thing because I don't know how to make a site. Let me know.

12 comments:

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Count me in. I'm sure I can dredge something up from my angry young man days.

Anonymous said...

Me too!! But make that crazy old lady days for me.
Sandra Seamans

pattinase (abbott) said...

Easy to tap into them, aren't they. Even for a woman.
Crazy old ladies need love too.

Daniel Hatadi said...

I'd be in to that. I might get a little surreal with it though. You never can tell with me.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Surreal is good.

Anonymous said...

I'll take a shot (at love)M.

Congratulations to Megan for the Edgar nod!

r2 said...

I've never written anything about love. I'm in.

pattinase (abbott) said...

I like that title too. "I've Never Written Anything About Love"

Mystery Dawg said...

Count me in.

Patti email me off list for a question I have.

Aldo

pattinase (abbott) said...

You're in, Mystery Dawg.

Steve Allan said...

Count me in.

Clair D. said...

All right-- I'm game. I think I can put together a short story about love.