Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Name your best trait.

My writing group had a picnic on Sunday and someone whipped out a game with all kinds of difficult questions to answer. We're not into answering personal questions. Especially my husband who still hasn't told me where he grew up (only kidding, sort of). The most difficult question for both of us was--"what is your best trait?" No one else seemed to find this difficult to answer and one fellow admitted it was his superior intellect, but my husband and I were caught up. Speechless. Maybe it's the age we grew up in where admitting you had any good qualities was verboten.

Tell me your best trait and I'll tell you mine. Or I'll tell you what I said eventually. My husband never did name one so we named it for his. "Focus"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to go with a blandy generalized intellect, as well, even given any number of insensitive/slow-to-apprehend blind spots, inasmuch as I haven't honed any my nascent talents into anything like genius. (That's pretty impressive, avoiding specificity in such a matter even with one's spouse. Must've been a Hell of a childhood/adolescence.)

Anonymous said...

Or, any of. Clearly, that includes typing. (I'm nothing like a genius at typing.)

Stephen Blackmoore said...

My best trait? A complete and total lack of criminal record. As far as you know.

Maria said...

I was only ever arrested that one time... ;-)