Sunday, April 29, 2007

Funny How...

we now get invested in the lives of people we don't actually know but whose blogs we read. I'm thinking mainly of David 's Molly, who I don't know at all but am sick about. I am also worried about Christa's move to SC, Anne's new home in an MTM house, whether Bryon's girlfriend is treating him well, how the Killer Year Books are doing, what happened with Megan Powell's Shred of Evidence, where Tribe has gone, if Sandra is writing again, if Daniel can get to the US soon, if Ken will kill off Jack Taylor, and on and on. I've only met two of these people but it feels like they're just around the corner.
We now share the intimacies of our lives with strangers. Except they are not strangers after a bit, are they? May all of you in blogland have a wonderful year and life. I'm rooting for you. I'm worrying about you.

6 comments:

Sandra Ruttan said...

I know what you mean Patti. I'm just sick about David's daughter, and I'm also terribly curious to see what will happen with Christa's move.

Christa M. Miller said...

You guys are sweet. But no worries about my move. If it's meant to be, it will happen, and it will be wonderful. If it's not meant to be, we'll keep waiting for whatever "better" comes next.

I too feel awful for David and his family, especially Molly. And Patti hon, you've had me a bit worried too - you seem so anxious about rejections! Hugs to you.

Also, I'm a dope, but I'd been thinking Shred was *your* Megan's publication... Powell. Right. %)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Powell, right. I think she's coming back. Read it somewhere. I hate it when people drop off the face of. So don't you two. Okay?

Sandra Ruttan said...

I never go anywhere for long. I'm really just trying to focus on the new manuscript, and I have a lot of Spinetingler stuff to do this next month, as well as panel prep for Murder in the Grove.

I've officially relaxed my position about the manuscript. I'm giving myself double my usual length of time to finish it, as I just know I can't get it all done on my usual schedule. So far, I'm managing.

pattinase (abbott) said...

That's so wise. You have a great life beyond your writing. That's what I tell my daughter and I think of you two similarly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for caring Patti. As someone who is able to meet you online and in person I'm definately one of the lucky ones.