Thursday, March 08, 2007

How Far Will You Go for Friendship?


A friend who we dearly love suggested that we go see Wild Hogs Friday night. Because I am deeply neurotic and never see a movie unless it has gotten fairly good reviews, I checked it out on Rotten Tomatoes and saw that the more credible critics came down 6% positive on Wild Hogs. So I vetoed it. We had planned to see something else so he conceded it.


Over the years, I have seen movies with friends I would not have chosen on my own--mostly horror and war movies. The first scares me, the second bores me. But if the reviews are okay, I will usually give in. The four worst ones , I was talked into were The Songcatcher, What Time is it There? Sum of All Fears and a pastiche of cartoons I believe was called Looney Tunes . These movies are all different genres and different friends invited us to see them--all with good intentions. As far as Loony Tunes, I didn't like cartoons as a child, so there you are.


What was the worst film a friend ever dragged you to see? (I hope that friend wasn't me!)

4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, P. One time Nicole and Shad invited me to go see Hostel with them. I gave in, because Nicole is SUCH a good sport about being dragged to obscure Latin American flicks with me. I was so disturbed I had to leave less than an hour in and I was upset for the whole weekend.

Anonymous said...

Ick, Wild Hogs. I can't believe William H. Macy would involve himself in just a piece of garbage.

Gerald So said...

Worst Movie Friends Dragged Me To: STARSHIP TROOPERS

Worst Movie I Dragged Friends To:
THE TAILOR OF PANAMA

pattinase (abbott) said...

okay. I knew it would happen. I dragged people to Tailor Of Panama too. But I am exempt from seeing or dragging anyone to Starship Troopers.