Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Will She Bake a Cherry Pie?

Okay you crime/mystery writers out there. Answer this one: someone left a cherry pie on our back step this morning. It was in a Kroger's bag and it was a Kroger's pie.
How can I find out who left it?
At first I thought it was our snow removal guy (he plowed the back lot at 5:30), but we live in a six townhouse group and none of the others, all who also pay him for his services, had a pie. Any friend would leave it on our front step because the back is more difficult to get to, especially with six inches of snow this morning. No relatives live near by. It's not from my husband; he knows cherry pies are my least favorite and I'm not really a pie person anyway. We are not particularly close to any of the six neighbors--cordial yes, but not close enough for Valentine presents.
So what to you think?

6 comments:

Maria said...

I don't know, but how sweet is that? Happy VD, Miss Patti.

Christa M. Miller said...

That's better than the lingerie a neighbor left me at our old apartment house. :P Enjoy the pie - I love cherry!

pattinase (abbott) said...

My husband has come up with all sorts of very ordinary scenarios. I am hoping someone comes up with something more exciting. Christa-How are you?

Christa M. Miller said...

Well, there's always the "Litvinenko treatment." Have you run a Geiger counter over the pie? ;>

I'm fine! Just busy since I went back to work, but doing very well, thanks for asking. :)

Christa M. Miller said...

Shoot, I can't edit comments... how are your son and daughter-in-law, and your grandson?

anne frasier said...

did anybody dare to eat the pie? that's what i want to know.