Thursday, October 26, 2006

The World According to Sorkin

Is it just me or is Sorkin's new show a real bust? It was one thing for the West Wingers to strut around full of themselves and the state of the world. But late night comedy writers? I haven't been able to finish an episode yet. It's not Iraq or the economy they're talking about so why the grim faces. What a huge disappointment. Actually the only tv palatable to me is The Office, The Wire, and Ugly Betty at times. Oh and maybe 30 Rock. I only saw one episode but Fey and Baldwin were good together. And I just cut back by netflix to one a month. Big mistake. If anyone is out there, what are you watching?

5 comments:

Maria said...

I love Studio 60, so I don't know if you want recs from me. Right now I'm watching the Tigers. Otherwise, Heroes (the lead in to Studio 60), Grey's Anatomy, which is manipulative in this way that should be annoying but isn't, Supernatural, and House MD.

Anonymous said...

I sort of like studio 60. There are glimmers of goodness in each episode, but overall, i agree, its very heavy for a comedy writer's show. I'm digging Veronica Mars right now and I think you'd like it. Also, Gilmore Girls and My Name is Earl. Haven't been able to get into The Office yet. I don't get it...

Christa M. Miller said...

I'm awaiting The Shield's new season (6, I think) as well as Season 5 on box set. Otherwise, not much. Most network programming annoys me - I'm a snob, I guess!

pattinase (abbott) said...

I do occasionally watch the Gilmore Girls although I missed the first five seasons so I'm out of the loop on some issues. I intend to watch Veronica on DVD next summer. I want to watch Heroes-am I too late to get on track. I like Earl but it does tend to be the same show every week. What started as a great concept is now handcuffing it.
My husband loves The Shield, Christa.

mybillcrider said...

I watched it once and figured I could live without it. I've stuck with Heroes, and I've seen Dexter a couple of times. I'm not much of a TV guy.